We, at Trustifi LLC (“we”, “us” or “the Company”) are committed to protect the privacy of our customers who are licensed to use our software (“Software”) on their internal network (“Client(s)”), as well as authorized end users who have access to any of the data resources monitored by our Software on the Client’s behalf (“End Users”).
Please note that the term “you” shall refer to Clients and End Users, as applicable.
When providing our Services, we may act in one of two distinct ways:
- as a “data controller” with has direct contractual relationship with the individuals who provide their information to the Company (e.g. Clients who purchase our Software);
- What type of information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- With whom we share the information, and for what purpose
- Your privacy rights
- For how long we retain the information we collect
- How do we safeguard your information
- How to contact us
What type of information we collect
We collect two types of data and information from our users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a user(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-personal Information was collected.
Non-personal Information which is being collected may include user names and passwords, directory names, server names, file names, configurations, other software you use, event logs and browsing events.
We may also collect clickstream data, aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services; etc.), in order to enhance the functionality of our Services.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”). We may collect the following types of Personal Information when using our Services:
- Registration: If a Client decides to open an account and register to our Services, the Client will be asked to provide Personal Information to us. The Personal information we collect through the registration process includes your full name, phone number, physical address and e-mail address.
In addition, as part of the registration process, you may be required (depending on the specific product you wish to use or purchase as part of the Services) to provide us, or our third party service providers, additional information, including your billing information. Such information may include your phone number, credit card number, etc.
- Stored information: After Client installs our Software on its (or its End User’s) devices(s), we will be able to scan and encrypt files and email content which are scanned and processed via our Software. As part of the scanning process, we may have access to various types of Personal Information, which are stored on the applicable device(s) (“User Data”), including, but not limited to:
- Content of emails;
- Names and email addresses of senders/ recipients of emails;
- Photographs, images and videos;
- Device identifiers – such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address and other types of unique device identifiers; and
- Personal documents.
Please note that the User Data is exclusively controlled by the Client, meaning that the Client maintains ownership of their related information and determines their own policies regarding the access permission and retention of such User Data.
You also acknowledge that part of this User Data may include Personal Information which relates to other individuals. You warrant that you have all the required authorizations, consents and approvals from these individuals to allow us to access and process such information.
- Device Information: We may also collect Personal Information from your or your End Users’ devices. Such information includes IP address and other information which relates to user activity through the Services. We also use tracking technologies (e.g. local storage, pixels, etc.) as part of our Services in order to identify recipients who receive emails from the relevant End Users.
- Voluntary information: We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, when you respond to communications from us, communicate with us via email or share additional information about yourself through your use of the Services. We may also collect your feedback, suggestions, complaints and reports sent to us.
How we use the information we collect
In addition to the purposes listed above, the information we collect, which may include your Personal Information, is used for the following purposes:
- To set up Client’s account;
- To process Client’s payments with regard to the Services;
- To provide our Services to our Clients and End Users (e.g. scan, back up and encrypt your email content and User Data; etc.);
- To identify and authenticate your access to the Services;
- To identify recipients who receive emails from relevant End Users;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates, products and services;
- To perform a research or to conduct anonymous analytics in order to improve and customize our Services to your needs and interests;
- To support and troubleshoot our Services and to respond to your queries;
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request; and
With whom we share the information we collect
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors. In addition, Personal Information may be disclosed to other trusted third-party service providers or partners for: (i) storing or processing Personal Information on our behalf (e.g. cloud computing service providers); (ii) assisting us with our business operations, providing our Services and improving it; and (iii) performing research, technical diagnostics and analytics with regard to the Services.
We may disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Services, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
Privacy rights and retention
We value your privacy and control over your Personal Information, and therefore you may, at any time, request to change and update it by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also request that we will correct errors or that we will erase your Personal Information (except for data that we are required to keep under applicable laws) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you are an End User of our Client, please contact the Client who interacts with us directly. Likewise, if you have any questions or requests regarding the handling of your User Data, please direct all inquiries to the applicable Client, which has the control over your information and the ways by which such information is collected and processed.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can complain to the applicable data protection authority.
We retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide our Services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements (unless we are instructed otherwise). We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Please note that User Data obtained through our Services is fully controlled by the Client(s). This means that the Client (and not the Company) determines the policies and retention periods of the User Data.
How do we safeguard and transfer your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our users’ information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Since we operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer your Personal Information to countries outside the European Union. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the European Union − in these instances we will take steps to ensure that a similar level of protection is given to your Personal Information. You hereby consent to transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside the European Union.
We may use Client’s Personal Information, such as Client’s name and email address, ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing Clients with promotional materials and newsletters concerning our Services, which we believe may interest our Clients.
Out of respect to your right to privacy, at any time, you may request to unsubscribe and discontinue receiving marketing offers by sending us a blank message with the word “remove” to email@example.com.
The Services are not designated to individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should not download or use the Services nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information collected from you. In the event that we become aware that an individual under the age of 18 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at email@example.com
Information about us
1635 Village Center Cir
Suite 160 Las Vegas NV 89134
Download in PDF